fbpx

Her Career Doctor Community

Notifications
Clear all

How to show job titles that have been an expansion/ add on to an existing job title?

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I was Nutrition manager for about 1.5years, then my role was expanded to Nutrition & Sustainability manager. In this case how do I show that I kept my old responsibilities and got new ones added to them? Especially, as I am searching for a role that is focused on Nutrition, not on Sustainability?

1 Answer

Hey Akua, great question! You can put both on your resume and use the dates to delineate the differences. For example:

Nutrition & Sustainability Manager          2021 - present

Company name, location

•  Responsibility 1
  •  Responsibility 2
  •  Responsibility 3

Nutrition Manager                                 2018-2020

Company name, location

•  Responsibility 4
  •  Responsibility 5
  •  Responsibility 6

The formatting might look weird in this post, so feel free to work on it based on this feedback and then submit a screenshot of what you have for review and feedback.

Also, if you're focused on nutrition, not sustainability, then you can leave out the title change entirely and just focus on marketing the relevant skills in the roles you've had for the roles you're applying for.

This post was modified 1 year ago by Dr. Tega Edwin
Share:
Discover Your Fulfilling Career Guide Mockup

free GUIDE

It’s Time to Enjoy Your Work

Get the free 20-page guide and workbook created to walk you through the exact 5 steps you need to follow to find a meaningful career aligned with your purpose.

By signing up using the form above, you are agreeing to receive a copy of the Fulfilling Career Guide as well as other related events and information all geared towards women ready to discover their fulfilling career.